Healthy Super Bowl snacks your family will love
Black Bean Dip
Not only are black beans delicious, they’re high in fiber and protein.
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp
- 1 -15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- small can green chilies
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- optional: 1/4- 1/2 c cilantro
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor. Add salt if needed.
- To make fat free flour tortilla chips, cut a fat free tortilla into eighths and bake in a 375 oven for 10-15 minutes
Serving size: 4 oz (4 chicken fingers)
- 4-4 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup eggbeaters or egg whites
- 1/4 cup FF salad dressing (honey-mustard, ranch, Italian)
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Trim any fat from the chicken breast and cut each into four strips.
- Mix the wet ingredients in one small bowl, and the wet ingredients in another. On the counter, line up the chicken breast, egg mixture, breadcrumbs, and a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- With one hand dip each piece of chicken in the egg then place into the breadcrumbs. With the other hand put the coated chicken on the sheet tray. (This method keeps your hands from getting all gunked up.)
- Bake the chicken at 375 for about 20 minutes.
- Try different types of bread crumbs like a flavored variety or Kikkoman Panko bread crumbs.
- For dipping sauce try a no fat ranch salad dressing or a no HFCS bbq sauce.