Valentine’s Day family breakfast – “Love Bug” Cinnamon Pancakes
What says love more than pancakes? Seriously, don’t you feel like a great mom when you cook up a stack for the kids? I know I do!
Since Valentine’s Day is on a Sunday this year, make it special for all the family with this pancake recipe from McCormick, the spice folks.
“Love Bug” Cinnamon Pancakes
Makes 4 (3-pancake) servings.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Stir pancake mix and cinnamon in large bowl until well blended. Stir in eggs, milk, oil and vanilla just until blended.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto preheated lightly greased griddle or skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown, turning when pancakes begin to bubble. Serve pancakes with Spiced Syrup (recipe follows), if desired.
For an added treat, make Spiced Syrup by mixing 1 cup of your favorite pancake syrup with 1 teaspoon McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract and 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Ground Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice in microwavable bowl or measuring cup. Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until warm, stirring once. And you can serve it with Hot Cocoa with Red Sugar-Crusted Marshmallows.
- Blueberry Pancakes: Prepare batter as directed, stirring in 1 cup blueberries.
- Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Pancakes: Prepare batter as directed, stirring in 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips after adding vanilla and egg.
- Pecan & Pumpkin Spice Pancakes: Prepare batter as directed, using McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice in place of the ground cinnamon and adding 1 cup chopped pecans.
Nutritional information per serving:
- Calories: 374
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 50 g
- Cholesterol: 124 mg
- Sodium: 850 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 12 g